A number of anti-wrinkle creams contain GABA. Is this a good thing? Is GABA really an essential ingredient of anti-aging creams? Or is it something that only increases the cost of the product?
What is GABA?
GABA is the abbreviation for gamma amino butyric acid, a nonessential amino acid that occurs naturally in the body and serves to inhibit rather than excite or stimulate responses. Because of its relaxing properties, GABA is effective for:
- treat anxiety and sleep disorders
- improve the mood
- the secretion of human growth hormone (HGH)
- calming the nervous system
Precautions and side effects
The side effects of GABA (as a dietary supplement) are rare and usually temporary. Some consumers report tingling, drowsiness and shortness of breath. However, GABA supplements should be taken with caution by people with liver or kidney problems. If you are pregnant, your doctor may advise you not to take this supplement. As a precaution, consult your doctor before taking GABA supplements or any other alternative medicine.
GABA and skin aging
However, GABA may not be the solution to skin aging. It has muscle relaxation properties does not make it effective as a topical solution to reduce wrinkles. Manufacturers of anti-wrinkle creams with GABA may try to challenge this, but currently, no study proves that GABA works in much the same way as Botox, which tames muscles at the root of wrinkles. Thus, claims that GABA works to reduce wrinkles (even if they are true) are not supported by sufficient clinical studies.
Wrinkle Creams At GABA
Just for your information, here are some of the best choices of anti-wrinkle creams based on GABA:
- Dr. Brandt Crease Release. It is said that this brings immediate results that may or may not necessarily be due to GABA content. It contains a blend of ingredients such as green tea and white tea, sweet pea and hyaluronic acid, which, even without GABA, can still provide some degree of anti-aging protection. Nevertheless, consumers appreciate the fact that, practically after applying the product, the skin becomes smoother with fewer wrinkles and fine lines.
- Freeze 24-7 Instant treatment of targeted wrinkles. This product contains GABA and (interestingly) orchid extract. To apply, simply take a small amount and gently massage on the target areas in circular motions until the cream is completely absorbed by the skin. Then you will see the wrinkles begin to decrease.
- DERMAdoctor Immobile Lines Instant relaxing for topical lines. In addition to GABA, this product contains CoQ10 which stimulates the production of collagen, Japanese green tea extract that helps fight against aging by protecting the skin against free radical damage, and the 39 hyaluronic acid that serves as a humectant, attracting dry moisture. It is hypoallergenic and non-irritating, which allows it to be applied safely to areas close to the eyes where fine lines tend to be more obvious.
GABA can be an effective supplement against seizures, sleep disorders and anxiety. Maybe increasing your intake of GABA naturally could also help to delay some signs of aging, as it helps you sleep better and manage stress better. You can do this by eating foods containing GABA, such as nuts, seeds, soy, whey, whole grains and seafood.
But whether or not you want to use an anti-wrinkle cream with GABA, it's up to you to decide. Do not forget that it has not been clinically established that GABA helps to relax the muscles most likely to be affected by wrinkles. We therefore advise you to focus on products whose ingredients have been clinically tested and whose effectiveness has been proven to effectively reduce fine lines and wrinkles. wiser.