This article is for those suffering with hypothyroidism and will help you deal with this debilitating disease with natural thyroid remedies to improve your health.
The thyroid is a gland which is situated at the base of the throat it is really important for the production of specific hormones. The hormones which it produces is very important for the functioning and maintenance of all the cells in the body and for metabolism. Metabolism is the process of breakdown of food into energy.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is not producing enough of these hormones.
- One of the most common causes of hypothyroidism is the autoimmune disease called Hashimoto’s disease, in which antibodies gradually target the thyroid and destroy its ability to produce thyroid hormone Hashimoto’s Disease or Thyroiditis (one of the most common forms of hypothyroidism, an auto-immune disease of the thyroid gland)
- It can also be caused by a sluggish thyroid gland or thyroid gland inflammation
- It can be caused by surgery or medication
- It can be caused by iodine deficiency
- the gland can be improperly formed at birth
Symptoms of hypothyroidism are
- slowdown in metabolism,
- weight gain
- Chronic fatigue and weakness
- Weight Gain or difficulty losing weight
- Hair loss or coarse, dry hair
- Dry and rough skin
- Intolerance to cold
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased sex drive
- Memory loss
- Depression and irritability
- Muscle cramps
Natural Thyroid Treatment
Treatment for hypothyroidism is usually thyroid hormones to replace the ones that are not being produced by your thyroid. The medicine given to you by doctors is usually a synthetic ( man made) hormone, ask your doctor for a natural thyroid hormones which is from pigs or cows, many people have had great improvement from using these. This is usually because they contain other hormones that are needed which are not in the synthetic man made medication
Other ways How you can help your thyroid
For thyroid hormones to be effective in your body, they need to be converted so that they can be used in the body. The thyroid hormones are converted in the liver and kidney, so looking after these 2 main organs will give your thyroid a much needed break if it is struggling to provide all the thyroid hormones you need. Detox your body by going on a detox, contact me if you would like the detox my father had.
The following herbs will help your liver, kidney and your thyroid. These can be got in the local health store
- Kelp – contains iodine which is needed by the thyroid. best taken with a ginger supplement
- Vitamin C – good for the whole body
- Royal Jelly – is great for increasing your metabolism and providing your body with nutrients and enzymes.
As well as the above mentioned, a natural thyroid supplement that I found to be invaluable was thyromine. Thyromine works with your own body and helps your thyroid produce the amount of hormone it needs ( that is if it hasn’t been removed )
Thyromine is an all-natural thyroid supplement that helps your thyroid. My father took this and saw great improvements, and also was able to decrease the thyroxine he was taking with supervision from his Doctor. If you want your thyroid gland functioning in top condition, Thyromine can help. – Imagine how good you’ll feel when you feel healthy again
By following this simple advice you will be able to feel good again as my father did.
Natural thyroid treatment with thyromine and all the other natural herbs is the best type of treatment as you will not suffer from side effects. You may need to let your doctor know when you start taking the natural medication and ask for his/her supervision.