As you get older, the skin regenerates much more slowly than when you are young, as the production of collagen, the natural proteins that ensure the firmness of the skin, begins to fall, causing dehydration of the skin and wrinkles.
When you reach 30/40 years, a regular moisturizer is not enough for your skin, you must start using an anti-wrinkle cream (anti-aging) to slow the signs of aging.
Fortunately, there is now a range of anti-aging products designed for all skin types, for all ages and for all needs.
There are anti-wrinkle creams, serums, masks, creams around the eyes, neck, hands, face, etc.
The benefits of using anti-aging creams
– Gives a shine and a youthful shine to the skin
– Eliminate and reduce wrinkles
– strengthen and firm the skin
– Reduces the appearance of fine lines
– Check and neutralize free radicals
– moisturize and nourish the skin
– rejuvenate and firm the skin
– Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
– Harmonize the pigmentation of the skin
– Stimulates cellular activity and firms the skin
– Prevent the appearance of new wrinkles
– Helps to rebuild the texture of the skin
– redefine the skin of the cheeks and neck
– Helps repair signs of looseness around the neck and chin
– Renew the elasticity of the skin by stimulating its natural healing processes
– Satisfies wrinkles
How anti-aging creams?
Most anti-aging products contain retinol, collagen, alpha-hydroxy acid, minerals and vitamins. These elements are known for their anti-aging power and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Once the anti-aging cream is applied to the skin, its components inhibit muscle movement, reduce wrinkles and prevent their subsequent training.
The substances enter the outer layer of the skin and repair them. They also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
Other wrinkles work by separating the top layer of the skin, thus allowing the appearance of new, healthy skin cells (which are usually products containing alpha hydroxy acids).
You should know that all anti-aging products can eliminate wrinkles or fine lines after the first days of use. These products gradually smooth your skin and the results are usually visible after a month or so.
How to choose the best anti-aging cream for your face?
Today, anti-aging creams are specially designed for specific skin problems: some treat the crow's feet, dark circles and fine lines around the mouth, others are designed to revitalize the skin, reduce the depth of wrinkles and tighten the neck.
There are even anti-aging creams for the hands, neck and décolleté.
There are anti-wrinkle products for every type of skin: for people who are fat, dry or sensitive.
One of the most important rules when choosing the best anti-aging product for your skin is to look at the product components.
It is essential to choose an anti-aging cream that suits your skin type and your needs.
If your skin has a lot of wrinkles around your eyes, you should consider buying an anti-aging eye cream that treats the paws and eye circles and dark circles around the eyes.
When selecting the anti-aging cream, make sure it is neither too hard nor too oily, as it could clog the pores and cause problems if left overnight.
It is essential to choose a product that provides good sunscreen (SPF of at least 15) to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun that cause premature aging of the skin.
Today, most anti-aging creams available contain antioxidants that neutralize free radicals associated with excessive exposure to the sun and can cause serious skin problems.
Common components of anti-aging creams
Retinol (vitamin A)
Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that generally neutralizes free radicals responsible for premature aging (free radicals break down skin cells and collagen in the skin).
Retinol is also called vitamin A, retinoic acid and retinoid.
Vitamin A is probably the most used component in anti-aging creams, serums and toners. It reduces wrinkles, fine lines and discoloration of the skin and stimulates collagen production. Vitamin A is also known for its ability to tighten pores and minimize damage from the sun.
Retinol is widely used to treat severe acne and rosacea.
Kenitin is a natural component that helps the skin maintain its natural moisture and stimulates collagen production.
It is a powerful antioxidant that can also fight uneven pigmentation. It restores the function of the skin's natural hydration, helps to preserve and soften the skin without side effects and protects the skin against free radical damage.
-Hydroxy acids (AHA or)
AHAs are widely used in the cosmetic industry because they remove the top layer of dead skin cells and stimulate the growth of new, healthy cells.
The Α-hydroxy acids act as exfoliating agents, they have a refreshing effect on the skin and improve its overall appearance.
The generally used hydroxy acids include: glycolic acid, lactic acid and salicylic acid.
The Α-hydroxy acids also act deep in the dermis and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibers, essential for the health of the skin.
You should know that all types of α-hydroxy acids increase sensitivity to the harmful effects of the sun and that it is essential to use sunscreen every day to avoid sun damage.
Α-Hydroxy acids are found in a variety of products, including moisturizers, cleansers, eye creams, sunscreens and foundations.
Coenzyme Q10 is a fat-soluble, vitamin-like substance found in all human cells that neutralizes free radicals (acts as an antioxidant) and reduces wrinkles and fine lines. It prevents sun damage and discolouration of the skin.
Coenzyme Q10 is commonly used in wrinkle creams and serums because it avoids damage to the process of producing collagen and elastin and helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Copper peptides are widely used in anti-aging creams because they stimulate the production of collagen. Copper peptides also enhance the action of antioxidants and improve wound healing.
Copper peptides are effective against various forms of skin irritations, mainly because of their anti-inflammatory effects. Copper peptides also stimulate the formation of elastin and reduce sagging and wrinkles.
Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the appearance and depth of wrinkles. It stimulates the cellular renewal of the skin.
There are different forms of vitamin A: retinol, retinyl palmitate and retinyl linoleate. Lack of vitamin A can cause drying and hardening of the skin.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that illuminates the skin.
It is a common component of skincare products, as well as makeup products because it gives the skin a younger look and stimulates blood circulation.
Vitamin C also maintains the elasticity of the skin and prevents the premature aging of it.
Associated with vitamin E, it reduces the signs of aging: wrinkles, fine lines, brown spots and age spots.
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid.
Vitamin E provides natural protection against harmful UV rays.
Vitamin E creates a barrier against moisture and prevents discoloration of the skin. It helps the skin to repair itself.
The most common are vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent premature aging of the skin.
Many beauty products: facial cleansers, moisturizing lotions, tonics, claim to contain antioxidants.
Antioxidants are added to cosmetics containing fats such as lipstick and moisturizers to prevent rancidity.
Tea extracts (green tea, black tea, white tea) are usually found in anti-aging creams, serums, masks and lotions.
Tea extracts act as antioxidants in the fight against free radicals. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help repair skin damage.
Retinoids are chemical compounds chemically linked to vitamin A. They make the skin thinner and smoother and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Retinoids are widely used in the treatment of many diseases and are effective in the treatment of many skin conditions such as inflammatory skin disorders, cancer, skin disorders associated with cell renewal and aging.
Retinoids reduce wrinkles, freckles, blackheads (whiteheads and blackheads), and spots caused by sunlight.
Topical retinoids are also effective treatments for mild and severe acne.
It takes about 3 months for the skin to get used to a retinoid.
Hyaluronic acid is a component of the connective tissue whose function is to dampen and lubricate the skin.
It is found naturally in the skin, its function is to retain water.
Useful tips related to the use of anti-aging creams
– Apply your anti-aging cream with upward movements of the throat to the front.
– Do not forget: you may need to use an anti-wrinkle for several weeks before seeing an improvement.
– Ask for samples before buying a face cream to see if it works for you.
– Try to use a facial cleanser with glycolic acid.
– Exfoliate your skin regularly (at least twice a week) with a gentle exfoliator to remove dead cells and accelerate cell renewal.
– Always use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun that cause premature aging of the skin and discoloration.
– Consult a dermatologist or beautician to give you the product that suits you best.
– It is essential to sleep well each night.
– Try using an anti-wrinkle cream that contains more natural ingredients, vitamins, essential oils, aloe vera and natural emollients.
– You can put on your sunscreen.
– Choose makeup: foundation, concealer, lipstick, gloss that offer sun protection.
– It is essential to follow a strict skin care regimen every day to keep your skin clear and healthy.
– Always remove makeup at night with a mild cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type.
– Use a firming mask or moisturizer twice to keep your skin radiant and mature.
– Drink plenty of mineral water at least 1.5 liters a day to keep your body and skin hydrated.
– Maybe the time has come to stop smoking: smoking harms health and skin by destroying collagen and elastin.
– Compare different anti-wrinkle creams and find out what's best for you.