They say beauty is only skin deep, but this doesn’t mean that you have to neglect your skin especially when you are in your forties. While you have probably gotten away with wrinkles and poor skin care regimen in your twenties and thirties, by the time you are in your forties, you’d really have to put in extra effort in taking care of your skin. It is during these crucial years when wrinkles and age spots start to become very visible. While there’s no such thing as an elixir of youth, there are some changes in your lifestyle that you can do that can make a huge difference not only on how you look, but on how you feel as well. With this, let me share to you some great anti aging tips that you can do in your fab forties.
1. Increase your antioxidant intake. Aside from helping slow down aging at the cellular level, antioxidants also decreases your risk of developing cancer, heart disease and memory loss.
2. Stop smoking. If you haven’t ditched cigarettes yet at this point in your life, there’s no better time than today. Aside from its numerous health hazards, smoking causes your teeth to turn yellow and your skin to sallow which can make you look a lot older than your age. I know quitting doesn’t happen overnight, you can use patches and gums to jumpstart your quitting process.
3. Get a good eye cream (and a good under-eye concealer). As we age, the area around our eyes become more and more delicate which is why it is very prone to developing fine lines and wrinkles. A good eye cream with anti aging benefits protect and hydrate the area around the eyes which helps keep wrinkles less noticeable. A good under-eye concealer, on the other hand, helps cover up dark under-eye circles and redness. Dark under-eye circles make one look old and haggard so it’s very important to cover them up when going out.
4. Get a good anti aging moisturizer. Our skin loses its elasticity as we age that is why our skin tends to sag over time. A good moisturizer with anti aging benefits help keep wrinkles, pigmentation and blemishes at bay. Such creams have not been proven to give lasting effects though so don’t merely rely on anti aging creams to banish your skin aging woes.
5. Indulge in anti aging skin care treatments at least once a month. At this point in your life, wrinkles starts to become more pronounced. Anti aging skin care treatments help tighten, lift and rejuvenate your skin so it’s good to indulge and pamper yourself at least once a month.