I am continually amazed by the barrage of anti-aging skin treatments currently available on the market. Everything from basic skin care products to light therapy and facial exercises, and of course, surgical procedures for those who want a faster solution. As for Hollywood, we've seen some of the great things that surgery can do and some of the "not-so-big" things that can happen. The question is whether you are willing to run the risk that your facial operation will turn into a disaster.
If you decide that the surgery is not worth the headache or risk involved, then consult one of the available solutions. Here is a short list of options you have with many others on the market.
- Injectable loads – These fillers contain hyaluronic acid to "swell" the skin and stimulate collagen production. To maintain your skin with this method, you must repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times a year, with an average cost of between 600 and 1000 USD per injection.
- Carbon dioxide laser treatments – These treatments destroy the outer layer of the skin and allow it to produce new collagen during healing of the wound. The recovery time is about 2 weeks and the cost is in thousands.
- Botox injections – these injections in the facial muscles help to temporarily eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, but must be reinjected regularly to maintain the results every 3 to 6 months. The cost of these injections ranges from $ 400 to $ 600 per injection. It is a very popular treatment that is very effective for short periods.
- Do it yourself – Treatments that can be done at home for a fraction of the cost of many treatments available. Using lasers, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), Dr. Perricone's Light Renewal System and Bliss Marvel-Mini Facial Light Therapy, all of which help eliminate fine lines, wrinkles, acne-causing bacteria, treatment of hyperpigmentation and brown spots, with only 20-30 minutes a day, twice a week. The average cost of these devices is between $ 225 and $ 360.
- Topical over-the-counter retinol creams – These creams are forms of vitamin A that help reduce wrinkles and fine lines by promoting new growth of collagen. Quite cheap, but not as effective as a prescription product. Consult your dermatologist for a more powerful retinol cream that could be more effective.
- Chemical Peels Treatments & Microderm Abrasion – minimally invasive, it helps remove dead skin layers from the skin, allowing new cells to regenerate, leaving dull, radiant skin radiant and radiant. They also help repair sun damage in the form of age spots. These treatments are also relatively inexpensive, but very effective in helping to smooth the skin and restore it to shine.
- Facial exercise programs – These programs help strengthen and shape the facial skin through a series of exercises repeated daily. Some programs have been successful, including Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic and Facial Gymnastics, CEO, Ade Adeyemi Coles. These programs cost between 40 and 200 US dollars depending on your needs.
Among all these choices, you can see that there are many alternatives. The most important is that the best defense against aging is the daily use of a good quality skin care product on your face. Teach children early to take care of their skin, protect them from sun damage and, as they get older, they can also prevent the aging of their skin. Regardless of you, the health of your skin really depends on how you take care of it every day. Every time you go to bed without cleaning your skin, you age it 10 to 15 years. Experts estimate that only 20% of aging is hereditary while 80% is related to sun damage. You have some control over these things! You can make the decision to clean and protect your skin DAILY. Use sunscreens, hats, sunglasses and clothing that protect against UVB and UVA rays. Make sure your body is covered and protected!
With the huge number of anti-aging treatments on the market currently available, there will surely be something that will work for you. Find your options and ask questions so that you can make the most informed decisions before choosing what you will do. Take care of your skin every day with a good range of anti-aging skin care products and sun protection. Alternatives to surgery are available, just do your research and choose what suits you best, as well as your budget!