When we were all growing up, we spent our childhoods wishing that we were older. As a kid, you always got a bit of a buzz when someone guessed your age as a few years older than you actually were. As we get older, that thought process starts to shift and we no longer like to look older than we actually are, even going through drastic surgeries in some cases to reverse the signs of aging.
There are many alternative options available today instead of costly cosmetic surgeries and are far less invasive.
For someone who would like some simple advice for anti aging remedies, or simple ways to improve their skin care regime, I have listed below my tips and hints that I have compiled (including some tips from the world’s only Board Certified anti aging physician, who has over 30yrs experience in anti aging and medical research & development).
– Wear sunscreen – UV radiation from the sun damages your skin and promotes aging. Never walk out the door without sunscreen on your face.
– Eat vegetables – There is good evidence that oxidative damage caused by toxins and metabolism contributes to the aging process at a cellular level. Products high in antioxidants seem to protect us from oxidative stress.
– Avoid sugar – Sugar is a direct cause of aging and significantly reduces the life of cells.
– Sleep – For most the key determinant of how you look (and feel) on a given day is how much sleep you get. 6-8hrs is ideal.
– Eat fish – evidence suggests that the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish are particularly beneficial to skin care.
– Avoid smoking – Whilst it is seldom my position to advise people what they should or shouldn’t do with their own lifestyle choices, smoking is second only to Sun damage as the biggest cause of early aging and cell damage. Avoid smoking if you can and you’ll enjoy healthier looking skin.
– Eat fruit – same as vegetables, fruits have an enormous amount of antioxidants and help with hydration. Vitamin C in particular is thought to benefit skin.
– Drink red wine – Red wine contains the world’s most powerful anti-aging compound known as resveratrol. Resveratrol has been called a “modern miracle” by Harvard University Professors due to the amazing anti aging properties that it as. There is not a high enough dosage in red wine to significantly impact lifespan, however, if you are going to consume alcohol, you might as well help yourself look younger too.
– Drink lots of water – Lack of hydration is the third biggest cause of excessive wrinkles (behind Sun exposure and smoking). Skin needs to stay constantly hydrated in order to maintain elasticity and firmness. If you don’t get enough fluids in your body, your cells will start to lose this elasticity which will eventually result in fine lines and wrinkles.
While there are many anti aging surgeries available on the market today, with breakthroughs in skin care technology and some simple awareness in what causes aging, you can get just as powerful results through cosmetic skin care products and lifestyle choices, for fractions of the cost and no messy “healing time”.
Yours in Freedom