Exercise is one of the most valuable components of a long and healthy life. Here are 5 simple anti aging exercise tips that will increase your endurance and make your exercise more efficient.
1. Avoid sugar two hours before intense exercise. This includes fruit, candy bars, and sugary drinks like Gatorade. Your blood sugar will shoot up, then drop way below normal about an hour after the sugar intake. Low energy, dizziness, nausea, headaches, and exhaustion are common effects of sugar prior to exercise. For anti aging exercise to be most effective, drop the sugar until after you workout.
2. Make sure to eat lots of protein. Protein is very important for anti aging exercise to be optimal and for your muscles to grow. Quite obvious to most active people, but some health-conscious athletes stay away from red meat and dairy products. If you regularly avoid meat and dairy products, be sure to get enough protein by adding tuna, tofu, or other soy protein to your diet every day.
3. Weigh yourself before and after exercise. Once you’re done working out, drink enough water to bring your weight back to the pre-exercise level. Remember that dark urine means you’re dehydrated. Water is essential for anti aging exercise to be beneficial, it clears toxins out of your system and hydrates your body. If you’re older you are more at risk of dehydration because you are less likely to notice you are dehydrated. Try doubling the amount you drink right now and see how you feel.
4. Don’t starve yourself. If you’re trying to lose weight, try changing the junk in your diet for great tasting fruit or veggies with dip. You’ll be surprised how great healthy food tastes! Remember that 80% of weight loss is associated to diet not just anti aging exercise, but you wont be doing yourself a favor just by starving yourself. Follow a healthy diet and take small steps towards your weight loss goals.
5. Take at least one day a week off from exercise. You need a day of complete rest to allow your body time to recover. Try doing something relaxing or meditating that day to clear your mind. Think of it as exercise your mind day. Your anti aging exercise will feel easier after your day off. Many people who exercise every day have learned to live with a constant sense of fatigue and continual aches and pains, who wants to live like that? Take care of your body and learn as much about health and exercise as you can.