For some people, having fantastic looks can be easy, especially when they are young and they have spectacular genes. For those of us "of a certain age", having amazing looks requires a bit of work. Here are some tips to help you be at your best at any age:
1. Drink green tea. Green tea is rich in catechin polyphenols, especially epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants protect our body from free radicals that damage our cells and contribute to aging. Studies show that green tea helps the skin resist sun damage. It also helps your metabolism, which can help you lose weight. Green tea can also control adult acne because it kills the bacteria responsible for acne in the digestive tract. Drink at least 2, eight ounces. cups each day to get the benefits.
2. Reduce your sugar consumption. If you cut your sugar intake in half, your skin will be better. The sugar ages your skin via a process called glycation in which the sugar molecules attach to the collagen and elastin of our skin, thus forming new harmful molecules called advanced glycation end products or AGES. These ages accumulate, making the skin inflexible, resulting in the formation of wrinkles. If you step back, you will slow down the aging process and keep your skin supple. Some suggestions: Omit sodas and other sugary drinks. (Try tea instead!) Use Stevia instead of white sugar in your coffee or tea.
3. Reduce processed foods. Chemicals and other unhealthy substances in processed foods compromise your health and well-being. You would do much better to eat foods in their natural state rather than foods loaded with additives, packaged and preserved. By "natural state", I mean foods that are what they are and that can go wrong if you do not eat them on time: eggs, chicken, fresh fish, fruits, vegetables, cereals, etc. . without all the additives. Cook more meals yourself, using whole foods, and you'll feed your body better nutrition. Good nutrition over a period of time can not prevent it from manifesting itself positively.
4. Add gelatin to your diet. The unflavored gelatin is packed in the good baked section of your supermarket. This is not expensive and it is a wonderful daily supplement to the diet because it plumps the skin because of its collagen content. It also protects against aging photo. Studies show that daily consumption of gelatin protects the skin against collagen loss. Dissolve a packet in a little cold water and add it to your morning hot drink. Once added to coffee or tea, you will not even taste it, but after a few weeks, you'll notice a reduction in lines and wrinkles.
5. Eat more healthy fat. Previously, this fat was a no-no for those of us who were trying to stay slim. But we learned that not using fat can lead to dry skin and other problems. Fats (good grades!) In moderation are very beneficial. They help our skin stay smooth and supple. Try adding almonds and nuts (just a handful a day) and avocados to your diet to give your skin a boost. And cook with olive oil and coconut. Also take fish oil or flaxseed oil capsules daily to get your omega-3s, which will benefit your skin and help keep your heart healthy.
6. Work a sweat regularly. Running, hiking, climbing and jumping are all inexpensive ways to increase your heart rate and make you sweat. Not only is it good for your heart, it will also help you burn calories, boost your metabolism and tone your muscles. An added benefit: Increased heart rate and sweating are a boon to the skin. Increased blood flow routes nutrients to the tissues and perspiration releases toxins, which produce glowing skin.
One caveat: if you are prone to a rash, be sure to take a quick shower after sweating because sweat attracts bacteria that can cause acne if they remain sitting on the skin too long.
7. Protect your skin from the sun. The sun is one of our biggest enemies when it comes to aging well. Exposure to the sun causes the appearance of spots and wrinkles and, if you do not protect your skin, you will age faster than necessary. Always wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher when going out. For added protection, also wear a hat. Your skin will retain its elasticity and dynamism if you protect it.
8. Exfoliate. When we are young, our skin quickly gets rid of dead cells. As you get older, this process slows down and the skin needs a little help to remove dead cells and reveal the new ones. When you exfoliate regularly, your skin will look younger and clearer. You can do it with a washcloth, a puff puff or a brush. You can also use an exfoliating product, such as a gel or a fine-grained cream. How often and with what vigor you do is yours. Let your skin's response be your guide. Of course, do not rub too hard, you could damage your skin, but you should stay slightly red for a few minutes after scrubbing. The exfoliation not only helps to eliminate dead cells, but also brings nutrients to the new cells as it increases blood flow to the area. It makes the skin more receptive to the moisturizer that you use afterwards, which allows the products to work more efficiently. Regular exfoliation will improve the quality of your skin and give it a more dynamic appearance.
9. Floss Daily. Years ago, my dental hygienist told me that flossing every day would prevent ugly plaque buildup between teeth. She explained that it takes 24 hours for the plaque to calcify. Floss every 24 hours and remove it before it hardens and becomes difficult to remove. Flossing everyday will keep your smile sparkling. An added benefit: the plaque that accumulates in the teeth is associated with the plaque that can accumulate in the arteries. So flossing is also beneficial for your body!
10. Get your rest. We know that getting enough sleep helps us look better, hence the term "restful sleep," but did you know if you can also prevent yourself from gaining weight? According to WebMD, more than 24 studies have linked weight gain to lack of sleep. When we are tired, we have less energy to exercise and we tend to eat more to compensate for this lack of energy. Sleep deprivation can also slow down the metabolism.
Our skin blooms when we rest well and it looks unhealthy if we do not, because it is during sleep that tissue repair takes place. Collagen production increases during sleep. Try to spend 7 to 8 hours a night and you will be more beautiful and maybe a little thinner.
11. Sleep on your back. If you do not sleep naturally on your back, it can be difficult, but the back is the best position for your face and your chest. If you sleep on your side, your face in the pillow, you risk creating wrinkles that, over time, will become permanent. You can also develop a fold on the chest between your breasts. Sleep on your back with your head slightly elevated, you will reduce puffiness around your eyes and develop fewer wrinkles on your face.
12. Have sex regularly. Frequent sex within a healthy relationship are excellent for the body. According to a PREVENTION article, having sex three times a week can make you look 12 years younger! One of the benefits of the beauty of sex is that it can burn fat. Another benefit is that our body releases endorphins during sex, which reduces stress. Sex also stimulates the immune system, which can keep us healthier.
Apply these suggestions and you will see yourself rejuvenate and become more dynamic. Have fun and enjoy being beautiful. You deserve it!
Wishing you good health and beauty!